Saturday, May 15, 2010

My gemini twin

"I have to do something else besides just rock and roll.  Rock and roll is wonderful and I love it, but it's not everything.  And it's important for me to do other things.  It always has been, though.  I can't live on just one.  I'm a gemini." - Stevie on why she practiced ballet.

Well there you go.  Turns out Stevie's birthday is 5 days before mine, on May 26th.  (Mine's the 31st.  Aaron's is the 27th and Mark's is the 22nd...  guess we'll add Stevie to the list of honorees for our Gemini Potluck Party.)

And by the way, with that quote?  I am Sold.  Officially obsessed with Stevie Nicks.  Scratch  my entire birthday entry down there and just get me her biography, discography, whatever you can find. I'm diving in.  There's something about her that I understand.  Yes.

Here's our setlist for tonight, by the way:

Second Hand News
Little Lies
Dreams
Hold Me
Go Your Own Way
Don't Stop

Yes, I had to sacrifice all the other best Stevie songs to get Dreams, but um.  I was GOING to get Dreams.  And the rest - well, they're all just so This Blue Heavenly. 

So one last time, the Fleetwood Mac Cover-Up is tonight at Lizard Lounge. Doors at 7, starts at 8.  Please refer to the last few entries for all the details and links you could possibly need.

0 comments:

Post a Comment