Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Meet This Blue Heaven: Marko/BP


 me: hey big guy
 Mark: Hey
  What up?
 me: i thought i'd do bandmate interviews for the blog this week. and you're first!
  cool by you?
 Mark: Ha, sure!
 me: great.
  let's see.
  who are you?
 Mark: I AM THAT I AM
 me: whoa. does religion play a big role in your music?
 Mark: I'd like to think we're engaged in a lot of the same questions.
  But I think we come to some pretty different conclusions.
 me: so, for example?
 Mark: Hmm
  Well, take Slow Dance Slow for example.
  Its a very "here and now" song.
  Its doesn't really reminate on the past, or what could happen in the future.
  *ruminate
But, taking stock of what you have, and the best way to get the most enjoyment out of them.
  Whereas most Religions are focused on interpreting your past (usually pointing out where you f*cked up), and your future.
me: fear about the future is quite powerful.
  especially for mortals.
 Mark: Hahahaha, I laugh at mere mortals.
 me: and, i suppose, regret.
  but we've written a fair amount about that.
 Mark: That's true, but the songs seem to be more therapeutic.
 me: last night i got asked what it's like to be in a band with a bunch of dudes.
 Mark: Not alot of "woe is me" in the lyrics, at least.
  Hahaha
 me: so
  what's it like for you to be in a band with 3 dudes and a lady?
  (that's what one of chris' crew members called me. a lady. funny.)
 Mark: Well, hey, he did just meet you.
  Haha
 me: point.
 Mark: Well, its really weird being in a band with all people other than myself.
  Its like, lol, sometimes they dress different and stuff.
 me: indeed...
  what do you play again?
 Mark: Bassamaphone
 me: oh right.
 y'know, one rehearsal i had this epiphany that if i just listened to the bass lines and phrased all the vocal lines around them, well. all my problems would be solved.
  maybe even the WORLD's problems.
  but it only worked that one time.
 Mark: Damn it.
  Well, that's a pretty clutch moment though.
 me: it was.
  okay, what do you want the two people who read my blog to know about you?
 besides you have a god complex.
  Hmmmm
 me: and here i thought we were the first ones to write a song for slow dancing.
  if i'd known, i guess i'd have given up the project before it began.
 Mark: Seriously
  I mean, it'd be pretty hard to top Lemmy.
 me: twss
 Mark: But, I'd say we got pretty damn close.
  Haha.
  And she'd be right!
 me: mm
  okay let's try short answer.
 Mark: Haha
 me: what's your favorite nickname?
 Mark: Flounder
 me: someone calls you that?
 Mark: Oh, for me?
 I guess Squid then.
 me: oh
  do you want to tell the folks at home about that one?
 Mark: I was expecting your response to be "why". And the answer to that is "::belch:: WHY NOT?!"
  Haha, it was from my Middle School football coach, who also taugh marine biology.
 I really like cephalopods when I was a kid.
  I guess I still do.
 me: i'm tricky like that
  they're smart.
 Mark: Really smart!
  An followed a completely different evolutionary path from humans.
 me: and creepy.
  what's not to like?
 Mark: Its like parallel intelligence
 me: probably if they had longer lifespans they could overthrow us.
 Mark: 8 arms > 2 arms
  Mastering fire will be difficult underwater, though.
 me: true.
 okay. describe the best possible audience in one word.
 Mark: Naked
 me: describe our band dynamic in three words.
 or
  less?
 Mark: Hmmm
  Enlightened Democracy
 me: what's one thing you know for sure?
 Mark: Showering outside is always preferable to showering inside.
 me: nice.
  what's something you don't know but wish you did?
 Mark: How to get economically viable net energy output from a contained fission reaction.
 I think that'd be useful.
 me: what do you believe in?
 Mark: I believe in the power of human potential.
 me: what is one this blue heaven lyric?
 Mark: Ummm...hmmm...errrrr.
  One second.
  Haha
  Just kidding.
 me: ha.
Mark: Is this one favorite?
 me: you know enough to have a favorite!?
Mark: I like the chorus alliteration in Nova Love, "So why keep your world apart/a star bursting blast about to start"
  It just rolls off the tongue
 me: if you could open for any band in all of history, who would it be?
 Mark: Ohhhhhh good question.
  Talk Heads, I think.
  *Talking
  Errr, actually, scratch that.
  Roxy Music.
  I could watch Eno set up.
  And they'd be a better fit for us.
  haha
me: if you had another lifetime to start a whole new career, what would it be?
 Mark: Nuclear engineer
 me: if you could roadtrip with any Boston musician, who would it be?
Mark: Hmmmmm.
  I feel like I'd get along really well with Henry from Aloud.
 But then where would his wife be?
  With us?
  Calling him all the time?
  I can't have that.
  Hahaha
 me: oh yeah. jen definitely seems like the needy type....
 Mark: Hahaha, point taken.
 me: let's see.
if doctor who showed up in the backyard with his tardis and wanted you to go with him, would you?
  (that's a time machine)
 Mark: Oh hell's yes.
 me: (i guess space and time machine)
  where/when in the universe would you go?
 Mark: I'd be interested in exploring the multiverse.
  Ohh, definitely the future.
 Maybe 2350
 me: for any particular reason?
 Mark: Well, chances are I won't live that long, and I want to see how much better things will be then.
  Assuming we don't have a Dark Ages-like collapse of society between now and then.
  But I think that's a pretty small risk.
 me: do you think of yourself as an optimist?
 Mark: Yup
 me: do you think of yourself as a nerd?
  (i know the answer to that)
 Mark: Yeah, its a yes.
 me: what would you say is the nerdiest thing about you/
  ?
 Mark: I like Anime, though I haven't watched a lot recently. I know a lot about comic books, and an ungodly amount of Star Trek trivia.
 me: highly ungodly.
  do you want to talk romance/dating at all?
 Mark: Sure
 me: since the ultimate goal of the band is to get you... y'know...
  some action
 Mark: Right
 me: how's that going so far?
 Mark: Hit and miss.
  Got a date tonight so I can't complain.
 me: as a band, what do you think we can do to get closer to this goal?
 Mark: Hmmm
 me: wait
 Mark: Play more vestivals.
 me: a date?
  someone new?
 Mark: People who go to festivals are cool.
  Jah
 me: like red coat girl?
 Mark: Exactly.
  And: I hate you.
 me: sorry about that.
 Mark: haha
 me: anything you want to say about this date?
 Mark: To be blogged about?
 me: ...
 Mark: We're going to see a film noir movie, and I hope its good.
  I'd feel bad if I dragged her to a random terrible movie.
me: artsy, though. you should get points for that regardless.
  do you think of yourself as artsy?
 Mark: Hmmm, not really.
  I like TV too much to really be artsy.
 me: want to tell the two people who read my blog (one of them is aaron) how you met this woman?
 Mark: The video shoot, of course!
 me: OH!! which one?
 Mark: _____
 me: well done.
 Mark: Haha
 me: so you would have the band to thank if that goes well.
  that's a relief.
 Mark: Correct.
 Its working!
 me: we're doing SOMETHING right.
  anything you want to ask me?
  (that's always how you end interviews, right?)
  (i've never done this.)
 Mark: Are you asking these questions to everybody?
Also, what are the employee benefits?
 me: maybe
 Mark: Oh wait, wrong type of interview.
 me: yyyyyeah... we've got some other candidates and um...
  oh, one more thing before you go.
  we have a strict policy of no shorts onstage. how do you feel about that?
Mark: I support the no-tolerance policy of shorts on stage. America has been troubled enough by artists uncovered legs!
  For men, of course.
  Dresses are ok.
 me: okay. you're hired.
  you start tomorrow night.
  7pm
  ish.
 Mark: I can be there.
 me: sweet.
  have a great date!
 Mark: Thanks!
 me: i'm going to post this now. thanks for saving me having to think of something to write!
  i'll take ____'s name out, though.
 Mark: Nice!
  Haha
  Yeah, its just a first date!
 me: not because of privacy, but because mystery is more fun.
Mark: Excellent
 me: "oooooh who is it?"
  try to keep it going through the ep release party, so maybe she'll show up, okay?
 Mark: Hahaha
 me: are we having an afterparty?
 Mark: Oh, yeah!
  Snap.
 I'll get on that.
 me: cool.
  oh do you want to brag about ONB?
 Mark: Yes I do.
  Very much so.
 me: ready go
 Mark: I GOT INVITED TO ONE NIGHT BAND WOOOOT!
  Its August 21st. Downstairs.
 me: GOOD JOB!
 sorry we'll be out of town :'(
 Mark: Yeah I saw that.
  They'll be some sort of write up on it, I hope.
 me: congrats, though. that rules. way to represent!
 Mark: I'll do us proud.
  hopefully.
 me: that oughta get you some ladies.
  i know you will.
  okay carry on!
 Mark: Righto
  Thanks1
 me: no thank YOU
  oh wait!
  one more thing.
what's your myers-briggs type?
 Mark: Oh right.
Mark: INTP*
 me: that is very interesting.
 Mark: moderately expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality
 me: thanks!
 Mark: Very welcome.




The typical INTP is a logical, abstract thinker whose intellect is ideally suited to understanding pure mathematics, linguistics, formal logic theory, and other pursuits unsuited to making a real living. The INTP can often understand even the most subtle nuances of lattice quantum chromodynamics, but cannot perform more concrete tasks such as dressing himself, operating a motor vehicle, or opening a door. An INTP may be able to tell you how to construct a nuclear reactor from a coconut and two pieces of string, but may be completely incapable of fixing a hole in a boat.
The INTP is really only suited to two careers: college professor and game show contestant. Of these career choices, only one offers the financial rewards which allows him to suport himself; for that reason, INTPs often take the other path, and become tenured academics.
RECREATION: Surprisingly, INTPs are often the hit of the party--not for their sometimes annoying habit of turning every discussion into a debate about semantics nor for their fascinating stories about Pierre de Fermat's habit of writing things in the margins of his books, but for the fact that they often show up with their pants on backwards and that if you put a Post-It note reading "Kick Me" on an INTP's back, he won't notice it no matter how many people kick him. That kind of entertainment never gets old.
COMPATIBILITY: INTPs make ideal companions to INTJs, as neither of them notices they're in a relationship.
Famous INTPs include Pierre de Fermat and almost everyone who knows what Pierre de Fermat wrote in the margins of his book.

3 comments:

Ashley Willard said...

AHAHAHAHA. Henry's the one who's needy, btw.

Anonymous said...

M-

The movie was, in fact, an excellent choice.

-______

MacKenzie said...

Nice!!

Post a Comment