Thursday, September 2, 2010

What do you believe in?

I believe in love.
I believe in human beings' potential for magnificence.
I believe in striving neurotically for self-awareness and emotional honesty.
I believe in believing in magic.
I believe in art.
I believe in books.
I believe in music.
I believe in the possibility of true empathy.
I believe in fighting to preserve wonder and curiosity and playfulness and generosity of spirit (commonly known as being a child).
I believe in affection.
I believe in the right of all human beings to dignity, to the facts, to expression, to respect, to agency.
I believe in the quest of all human beings to trust and be trusted, to see and be seen, to grant and receive acceptance, to challenge and be challenged.
I believe in striving for honest communication.
I believe in honoring deep down truths.
I believe in the deep, wild, knowing, creative, burning self.
I believe in story.
I believe in kindness.
I believe in chasing questions.
I believe in stopping for beauty.
I believe in passionate looking (listening, tasting...)
I believe in savoring.
I believe in the intense pursuit of juice.
I believe in talking to trees.
I believe in the wisdom of nature.
I believe in the power of sanctuary.
I believe in transcendent connections.


0 comments:

Post a Comment