Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The End

So... it's not that I have nothing to say about love, creatively or otherwise.  I just realized I feel shy about posting the things I've been thinking about love, lately.  Protective might be a better word.  For now.

But I hope your Valentine's Day was full of sweetness.  Like waffles with strawberries and whipped cream.

Here is one thing I know for sure about love:  It's what I'm doing here.

I don't know about you, but I pretty often ask myself, What am I doing with my life?  It feels so short and there are so many options that I feel an urgency to always have a good answer to that question.

Well, approximately five years ago, I made a conscious decision to learn how to love.  At the time I think I used the verb "remember" in place of "learn" because I remembered being a really loving little kid, and feeling a kind of overflowing at different points in my life.  I made it my New Years Resolution for that year.  But of course, it's not a static lesson.  Like everything most worth doing, it can never really be done.  So I just keep renewing it every year.

Our new producer Paul Q. Kolderie explained production like this:  You keep asking "How can this be more awesome?" until you can't possibly make it any more awesome and then you know you're done.

I'm pretty sure love never stops getting more awesome.  So, that's what I'm doing with my life.  Learning love.  Everything else is to that end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment