Wednesday, March 3, 2010

TBH TOFURKEY TOUR PART 3: I wanna go on tour forever...and shower slightly more often.

I now know what I'm going to wear for the acoustic show (tomorrow night 8pm at The Armory Cafe in Somerville)...but I'm not telling.  It's a surprise.  Okay it will probably involve my signature hat.  My oldest friend said it's very me, so I'm going with it.  But the rest is a surprise and you'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out.  Speaking of which, in honor of our folk debut, I have a gift to bestow on y'all tomorrow.  So check back here for goodies!  It'll be much more exciting than finding out what I wear.  I promise.

'Till then we have Part 3 of the 2009 This Blue Heaven Tofurkey Tour (<--- links to playlist of the whole saga)...  I suspect that these videos, like all home movies, are probably most interesting to those who appear in them - and maybe those who really & truly love those who appear in them.  For the rest of you, I hope at least they are a pleasant reminder of the Quicksandglass tunes and a happy peek into the complete and utter - nearly (but not actually) embarrassing - lack of pretentiousness that characterizes my band.  I wouldn't want it any other way, even if seeing myself on film makes me want to build a blanket fort, hide in it, and never come out again ever not even for a whole box of Lemonade Girl Scout cookies.

Maybe for two boxes.

Anyway, my favorite part of the Norfolk to NYC to Boston segment is probably the part where we hang with the qsg producers, David & Dre from Same Sky Productions.  (If you weren't already going to be at my show Thursday night, I'd suggest you tune into their online radio show, Same Sky Radio on bunkradio.com.  Luckily you can come to my show AND listen to theirs via podcast later!) We had to censor 98% of their segment of our video, but you get a taste, anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment